New Features - Nuove Caratteristiche

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8DeviceAgent
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al PC8DeviceAgent
mph

Re: New Features - Nuove Caratteristiche

Post by mph »

simone wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm [*]
mph wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm Hello,

Would it be possible to add CyclingAnalytics.com to the list of upload places in PC8DA please? Should be pretty simple to do, they have excellent documentation about their API – https://www.cyclinganalytics.com/developer

Coupled up with the wifi upload this would make life – well, mine – so much simpler :)

Grazie/Danke!
Are there a lot of pc8 user that are using this? Never get requests about...
You've never had anyone ask Simone? Wow, I'm surprised nobody else is using it (it's a great site). I guess you need a few more people to request it before it's considered for adding to DA?
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

mph wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 pm
simone wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm [*]
mph wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm Hello,
Would it be possible to add CyclingAnalytics.com to the list of upload places in PC8DA please? Should be pretty simple to do, they have excellent documentation about their API – https://www.cyclinganalytics.com/developer
Coupled up with the wifi upload this would make life – well, mine – so much simpler :)
Grazie/Danke!
Are there a lot of pc8 user that are using this? Never get requests about...
You've never had anyone ask Simone? Wow, I'm surprised nobody else is using it (it's a great site). I guess you need a few more people to request it before it's considered for adding to DA?
Thanks for your suggestion. I already wrote down the gateway and we will discuss in the next develop. Right now I can tell you I never get any request from PC8 users regarding this.
Seems people are requesting:
  • 2peaks upload
  • Today's Plan upload
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

mph

Post by mph »

simone wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm Thanks for your suggestion. I already wrote down the gateway and we will discuss in the next develop. Right now I can tell you I never get any request from PC8 users regarding this.
  • 2peaks upload
  • Today's Plan upload
Appreciated Simone, thank you. It might be a really easy add to DA, but if it's not then naturally I accept it not being a priority unless others ask for it. Compared to Today's Plan, Trainingpeaks, etc it's a much nicer site to use and look at. I suspect it's not got as many users purely because it's not pushed a lot by the owners.

My PC8 2.5.5 is working just fine at the moment I'm pleased to report – it's getting a few intensive days testing on a Girona camp.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

mph wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 am
simone wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm Thanks for your suggestion. I already wrote down the gateway and we will discuss in the next develop. Right now I can tell you I never get any request from PC8 users regarding this.
  • 2peaks upload
  • Today's Plan upload
Appreciated Simone, thank you. It might be a really easy add to DA, but if it's not then naturally I accept it not being a priority unless others ask for it. Compared to Today's Plan, Trainingpeaks, etc it's a much nicer site to use and look at. I suspect it's not got as many users purely because it's not pushed a lot by the owners.
My PC8 2.5.5 is working just fine at the moment I'm pleased to report – it's getting a few intensive days testing on a Girona camp.
Yes, can be "easy"to add but you need to consider what this develop involves: PC8Firmware to store credentials, crypting for security, make the auth process into the DA, store and transfer the credentials from the PC8 to the DA. Parsing the credentials in the server and implement the API to upload, get the answer and send back to the PC8. On the DA side we also need to implement the API for the local upload and add the gateway to the upload dialog model to menage the responses since the DA sends in parallel all requests to different gateways.
Regarding your firmware please make sure you have 2.5.6, not 2.5.5!
Thanks for your support, I already put you in my core beta list for next project: during this beta I selected the very proactive tester, the one who gave me feedbacks and not simple were curious to test some new cool stuffs!
Ing. Simone Stilli

mph

Post by mph »

simone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am Yes, can be "easy"to add but you need to consider what this develop involves: PC8Firmware to store credentials, crypting for security, make the auth process into the DA, store and transfer the credentials from the PC8 to the DA. Parsing the credentials in the server and implement the API to upload, get the answer and send back to the PC8. On the DA side we also need to implement the API for the local upload and add the gateway to the upload dialog model to menage the responses since the DA sends in parallel all requests to different gateways.
Lots of work then :) Appreciate you sharing all the details Simone.
simone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am Regarding your firmware please make sure you have 2.5.6, not 2.5.5!
Thanks for your support, I already put you in my core beta list for next project: during this beta I selected the very proactive tester, the one who gave me feedbacks and not simple were curious to test some new cool stuffs!
Great! Grazie mille. I have updated. Had a small, odd, ANT drop out today on 2.5.5. Started an interval, powermeter and HR strap suddenly dropped signal for 20-30 seconds …
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 16.45.35.png
Dark blue is heart rate – from a Garmin strap, light blue is cadence – from power2max Type-S, red is power, also from the p2m. It didn't do it again for the rest of the ride, and hasn't done before. So I'll watch that tomorrow and maybe try another interval to see if it's linked to that action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

mph wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:58 pm
simone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am Yes, can be "easy"to add but you need to consider what this develop involves: PC8Firmware to store credentials, crypting for security, make the auth process into the DA, store and transfer the credentials from the PC8 to the DA. Parsing the credentials in the server and implement the API to upload, get the answer and send back to the PC8. On the DA side we also need to implement the API for the local upload and add the gateway to the upload dialog model to menage the responses since the DA sends in parallel all requests to different gateways.
Lots of work then :) Appreciate you sharing all the details Simone.
simone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am Regarding your firmware please make sure you have 2.5.6, not 2.5.5!
Great! Grazie mille. I have updated. Had a small, odd, ANT drop out today on 2.5.5. Started an interval, powermeter and HR strap suddenly dropped signal for 20-30 seconds …

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 16.45.35.png

Dark blue is heart rate – from a Garmin strap, light blue is cadence – from power2max Type-S, red is power, also from the p2m. It didn't do it again for the rest of the ride, and hasn't done before. So I'll watch that tomorrow and maybe try another interval to see if it's linked to that action.
please, use 2.5.6!
Ing. Simone Stilli

mph

Post by mph »

simone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:39 pm please, use 2.5.6!
Happy to report, no problems today with 2.5.6.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

mph wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:00 pm
simone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:39 pm please, use 2.5.6!
Happy to report, no problems today with 2.5.6.
8-)
Ing. Simone Stilli

kencyclingnyc

Post by kencyclingnyc »

Hi Simone-

I am experiencing several issues around the newly released firmware that I wanted to share-

1) The PC8 battery seems to drain faster with the new software. As a point of reference, I am wirelessly uploading to two URL's (i-training Peaks and ii- Strava). Most rides are under two hours and the battery burn rate is between 10-20% per ride).

2) HR readings are all over the place; I replace the battery in my SRM strap think it was a dead battery but today was no different

3) increased wattage dropouts - My rides are the same everyday; my home (NYC) to Central Park, do laps and ride home... same streets every day. Since updating, I have bee getting a lot more drops then previously; in fact I've gotten the - - for 15-30 second.

I hoping that this info is helpful and am happy to help work through it and even if it means going back to the old firmware as a proof of concept.

Best wishes,
Ken
mminard

Post by mminard »

Has anyone reported any "glitches" with the latest device agent? I'm running the software on two different computers (both latest MacOSX) and one has exhibited odd behavior. The screen will flash and jump between different screens. Is there any information you want from that install before I uninstall and re-install the software?

Mike